Monday, January 07, 2008

Dinner at alNafourah at KL Hilton/Le Meridien

Middle Eastern food has never tasted so good! Diners are treated to a gastronomic journey at alNafourah where the food is as authentic (methinks) as they get over here in KL in an extremely elegant setting with a choice of dining in their multiple private rooms or in the open dining hall. The entire setting and decor definitely does take ones breath away.
For starters,we begin with flat bread with various dips and falafel accompanied with sweetened rose water and mineral bottle from Italy at, I'm guessing, a hundred bucks a pop? It was all so good I stuffed myself before the main courses had arrived.

Lamb and chicken kebabs with dip.
Fish,chicken and lamb targine. There was also another steamed fish dish, but I failed to sample or take a pic of it, possibly because it was so good my colleagues lapped it all up before I had the chance.




Lamb rice baked in a pie. Wonderful!
The piece de resistance, garlic cream. Oh so heavenly! We had to order a few more helpings of it. I'm so glad Orpha requests for this. Really sets the tone for every dish I ate this with and brings the aroma and flavor to new heights. So light,frothy and aromatic, I ate it like it was ice cream. Just melts in your mouth. I gotta learn how to make this!
And between sampling all the delish delicacies, you can expect a belly dancer to pop in out of no where to entertain you with her moves and curves.
My almond and honey ice cream for dessert...oh sooo GOOD!
And the every anticipated Baklava to wrapped up the meal. Everything was so good and satisfying and despite our tummies filled to the brim and begging for respite, it was sad the meal had to eventually come to an end. Definitely a place not for the faint wallet.

No comments: