Thursday, March 01, 2007

Penang Fare

Just came back from a trip to Penang last week. And the first thing on the agenda was good ol' Char Koay Teow, so we headed to Batu Lanchang.



Authentic curry noodles with Pasembor and Char Koay Teow.
Check out my brother-in-law,Lyndon, tucking in. Walking around Charasta Bazaar. Dinner at night at Lorong Selamat. Love the Fried O'Chean there.My plate of PihPah duck which I shared with my cousin,Jennifer. We also shared a small tuna pizza there. It was good tho' it took about an hour to arrive. The lady forgot our order the first time and took her awhile to get our order done the second time. Good thing we weren't in a hurry and she apologised deeply for her tardiness. Grilled Stingray with sambal and onion chilly dip.

More Char Koay Teow. Below : Ochean/ Fried Oyster Omelette. Our Tuna Pizza

A must visit. The famous Cathay coffeeshop in Pulau Tikus. I grew up on the Char Koay Teow there. Tho' I didn't order it this time 'round.
I ordered the Koay Chiap this time and it was yummy!
My aunt's bowl of Wan Tan Mee.


After so much hawker fare, it was time for something healthy for a change. Steam Boat! A good way to break the ice if you eat in a group and its so much fun cooknig and adding your own ingredients in a hot bowl of chicken stock. Lovely!

No comments: